torsdag den 9. september 2010

Relaxing day today...



Today I have been relaxing in the extremely nice island of Boracay. Wow, I am impressed. This is heaven on earth! Sweet people, great weather, relaxed and (I think :-) good diving. I already made good contacts in a dive shop but waiting for the manager to give me better price (diving is pretty expensive here, but as instructor and with all my own equipment I can usually get better deals - 50% off). Everything else is extremely cheap here; food, drinks etc. I love this place already! Even though that there are nowadays 800+ bars and 100+ dive centers on this island, it still has managed to keep the relaxed and great feeling. Cool!
I also met a Danish guy who said that he can find me job tomorrow as dive instructors, so I have decided to give the dive shop a visit and see how it is. Where Egypt is absolutely great for diving, I honestly did not like the people there. Everyone try to cheat you and the food is SO lousy. Also, the Egypt winter is pretty rough. 20-25 degrees and strong winds. So I am afraid to turn down the job offer I got in Egypt. And instead maybe I will stay here for two months or more :-).
One big difference between the Philippines and Thailand is the language capabilities. The Filipinos speak great English compared to Thai. In Thailand I hardly met any local people - simply due to the language barrier. In Philippines, it seems like everyone's English skills are almost at my own level which makes it so much easier to travel - and to get to know the local culture. I like this country.
Maybe you are all sick and tired of beautiful tropical sunsets, but I still feel so good when ever I see them. And one of the photos is of yet another sunset. I don't think I can ever get tired of these sunsets. Sitting in 30 degrees temperature and enjoying the last rays of the sun. And I just feel: How could I before have a life with 8-10 hours working everyday, just to go home tired to an empty and expensive apartment. Life is there to enjoy! Not to gather stuff and things. I now travel around with less than 15 kg of 'personal stuff' (plus my dive equipment), and this life makes me SO happy. Materialism: go home! And admitted, it will be damn hard to go back to my life in Denmark. But I also miss Denmark, of course. Maybe I will come back, but for sure see life different than I used to.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar