lørdag den 11. september 2010

Still sick but being taken care of


I am still sick, but I am now on antibiotics for my cold. Yesterday I got 39 degrees fever and I had to go to the doctor. The people on the small hotel, Turtle Inn, treat me almost like their family so I am looked after all the time. The hotel has around 15-20 rooms only, so everyone knows me already. And I can walk the 15 meters to the restaurant when I get hungry. So actually, being sick here is much easier than if I was sitting in my apartment in Denmark. Here there are people 24 hours a day that can help me and I can get a ride to the doctor where there is no waiting time at all. In Denmark I would have to call the doctor, maybe wait 1-2 days and then wait in the doctors office for 2-3 hours. So, even though it sucks big time to be sick, I could not choose a better place to be sick than here.
And everyone in Philippines speaks almost perfect English, which helps the situation very much also.

Right now I am sitting on my small balcony where the internet is working, and in the background I can hear the singing from the nearby Jehovas Witness 'church' / room. Philippines is a Christian country but they also seem to have Jehovas Witnesses :-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar