fredag den 22. oktober 2010

Difficult trip to Coco Beach, Mindoro



Two days ago I started my trip to Coco Beach. I wanted to start 3 days ago, but the hurricane / typhoon keps be grounded one extra day in Boracay. So two days ago, I started my trip to Coco Beach. I started by taking small boat from Boracay to Caticlan, then from Caticlan to Roxas with ferry. Due to the very strong winds, the ferry took 5 hours for the ride instead of the normal 3 hours. And at arrival; when I was 100 meters from the ferry and 100 meters from a shelter, the worst rain in my life started. I was like taking a shower with a VERY strong water flow. The Van ride from Roxas to Calapan was horrifying. The driver could easily compete with the worst drivers in India. And that tells a lot. They stuffed the small van with 4 people on each row, and sometimes more. A small normal Van containing 19 people (!), loads of luggage on roof and driving 130 on bumpy roads. I was honestly afraid to die in this over-weighted small car ! Since I was sitting on back seat with 3 other people, I could hardly move my fingers. It was SO cramped. After three very scary hours in the Van we arrived to Calapan which is around 40 km from Puerto Galera. Due to the delay of the ferry there were no cheap "Jeepneys" anymore going to Puerto Galera, so together with two young Swedish girls I had to hire another van for the remaining ride. We ended up late in evening to Sabang, where I found out that the waves were way to big for any boat to come in. And since Coco beach is only accessible by boat, this was bad news. I managed to find a cheap hotel room for one night, and I even managed to get some food. Until then the only food I had that day was two cup noodles on the ferry ride. And yesterday morning I managed to get a boat from Sabang to Coco. It was SO relieving to finally set foot in this relaxing resort where I have stayed on Holiday two times. But wow, what a ride here. It took almost 3 days to travel around 250 kilometres (including waiting one day due to storm)....
Today I was diving. Due to the recent storm the visibility was not too good, but it was nice to dive again in the place where I originally learned to dive. I was even diving with the instructor who originally made me open water diver; Rex. Cool :-). He was surprised to see me and to hear I am now also instructor, but like most of the other staff here they remember me. Not just my face, but also my name! Even though it is almost two years ago I was here last time. Amazing. It almost feels like home :-).
Yesterday I met a Danish couple with their daughter, and they started buying me loads of drinks. It was so fun and we ended in the Coco Beach bar playing pool.
So today's diving at 11 was a bit hard, but I managed. The guy from the couple slept until 11 and then he continued sleeping at the pool until 4 o'clock in the afternoon :-).
Right now I am enjoying the Coco Beach band playing for a group of around 15 people while waiting for my dinner (photo) :-)
The photos today are from the ride, including the (very early) Christmas decorations on the ferry, and from Coco Beach

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar