lørdag den 9. oktober 2010

My camera is working again. So happy!









,

Already in egypt when I was diving with my camera (in a dive-housing of course :-), my camera got some salt water. After drying it, it started working again. Almost. It started saying the batteries were empty even when half full. And the shutter-key (which you use to shoot photos) has gone worse and worse for every day. The last week it has not been working at all. And yesterday also my N900 Nokia phone gave up, leaving me totally without any camera (not that N900 pictures are that good when dark, but at least I felt I had a camera).
Today I went to a super-small store that fixes phones and cameras. They used 4 hours fixing it, replacing some keys that did not work and cleaning it so that it again can read battery status. Perfect! And it cost me only 800 pesos / 100 DKK. Not bad at all. The alternative was to buy another camera AND a new underwater housing for that camera. Underwater housings are almost impossible to get anyway on islands like this (they can have it sent to you in a month time). So, I am SO happy :-)
So why not celebrate that my camera is working by submitting a bunch of photos? :-)
The photos show the beach (surprise :-), the 'mall' area, a boat trip and me in front of a place called the Hobbit house; with the smallest waiters in the world :-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar