torsdag den 14. oktober 2010

Trying to fix my Nokia N900....


My Nokia N900 has not been working for more than a week. Everytime I pressed the touch screen the very first time during start up, it did not respond at all. So I could not enter the pin code at all.
I tried to search solutions on the internet and the only advice was: Reload the firmware. But how do you reload the firmware because when I inserted the PC cable, the phone would ask me whether to go into PC Suite mode or Mass Memory mode. And there is no way to answer this question without touching the touch screen. Which would make my N900 crash.
I managed to get my data out first: By removing the SIM Card which would make the phone go directly into no network mode withOUT any PIN code. And luckily I could then approach the phone via Bluetooth. Not fast, but since Bluetooth was already activated, it did NOT require me to touch the touch screen at all.
So far so good. But how should I then get to load new firmware? Firmware loading is only possible via cable, not Bluetooth. However, today, when switching on my N900 it seemed to work for a few seconds (happened before also, but it then would allow only 2-3 presses of the touch screen). But one touch was enough; for activating PC Suite mode when plugging in cable.
I now succesfully reloaded the firmware, and I can start all over loading my data and applications. Unless the touch screen starts its hick ups again, which I not hope. For same reason I will probably not download too many application to it again; I read in some articles on the net that some (very basic) applications seem to cause this problem.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar