søndag den 21. november 2010

Trip to Koh Tao from Hua Hin

Today I arrived to Koh Tao where I have been for more than 4 months before already.
The trip here was longer than expected. I booked the ticket from internet going from Hua Hin in the morning and arriving Koh Tao in mid afternoon. However, after two hours waiting yesterday for the pick up bus, I realised that it would not come . I then called the local ticket office for the bus+ferry company, and they told that the boat had been in for repair for the last week. So the boat was not going and therefore the bus was not going. So they knew this when I booked the ticket, and still they not even bother to send me an email or call me to tell me. Welcome to Thailand.

So they sent me instead on a train: The train was one hour delayed on arrival and before arriving to the harbour city Chumphon it was more than 2 hours late. I was then installed in a lousy little guest house, just to be woken up today at 5 o'clock to be taken to the morning boat which was also one hour late on departure. Chumpon is not a city that even the most detailed guide books write much about. It has 500.000 inhabitants, but finding western people there is almost impossible.

Anyway, I have arrived to Koh Tao now, and I have enjoyed the day in the swimmingpool and saying hi to old friends who still hand around on Koh Tao

Today's photos are from the trip as well from my new hotel / resort on Koh Tao. Cool place with a swimmingpool right at the beach front.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar