tirsdag den 10. januar 2012

My second earthqake in life....

I wake up 2 oclock in morning and I feel that I am drunk, but I know that I am not. The room was moving around 50 centimeters from one side to the other and you can hear all loose things move from one side to the other (like the hangers). What is it?
Earthquake!
As a novice (living in Denmark) you start worry right away. Not least because I know that I have another 10 floors of concrete on top....
I go to the lobby and the person behind the reception he did not feel anything, but then people start come from street or from upstairs. And they confirm.
After half hour I am now back in room, but the entire building is still moving after the quake. I can feel that it is moving 3-5 cm every 15 seconds or so. The building is still shaking....
I hope it stays upright.... Now 4 AM now and I am so sleepy.
Because I basically did not sleep the last two nights due to other reasons (selling my apartment and a break in to my apartment).
I believe that the earthquake I felt was this one: Link and CNN.
Ok, they have launched a Tsunami warning (not here) which I do not need to care about at 9th floor, but I still care if the 10+ hotel floors above me will fall down if there comes another earthquake. Let us hope that this was it...
And Yes, I am pretty far away, but I certainly felt it!
I am located at B right now, and the earthquake was around A, see map below. Yes, I am far away, but I certainly felt it - I even woke up...

View Larger Map

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar