fredag den 13. januar 2012

The other day I tried an Earthquake, now back in Bangkok and there is a 'serious' warning about terroist attacks.... Plus Guru etc

Well, what can I do about the terrorist threat in Bangkok?....
I can stay out of too public and crowded places, but I will not lock myself into my hotel room until some intelligence agency stops worrying...
I arrived back to Bangkok yesterday - a few hours after some assumed and potential terrorists entered the country. I was of course not aware of this. All that I did notice was that the immigration took around 2 hours instead of the normal 1 hour.
Anyway...
Yes, they asked me questions (first time) at the immigration, and she asked me precisely: How long time are you staying in Bangkok this time?
I am so sure that this question would have revealed my self as a terrorist.
Come on :o)....
The queue for immigration in Bangkok airport is one of the worst in the world already - simply because they are SLOW and have too few people. Yesterday it was totally crazy. I (and around 2000 other people) had to pick up my bag from some weird counter, because no people arriving yesterday came to the conveyor belt even within a reasonable time after the plane arrived.

I have a single (and bad) photo from the immigration (no photos allowed so I used phone cam).

Other photos are from leaving Penang, Malaysia.
My plane was almost one hour delayed. Ok, Air Asia is usually not punctual, but this situation was quite special.
The plane arrived (almost) on time, but then it took more than 1 hour to get people off the plane. Well, all people except one came out as normal, but ONE guy (I never found out WHO it was) was a religious guru.
So, when the airplane arrived, a group of around 50 people arrived at the gate. And they started singing something like bla bla bla bla Guru. For 1.5 hour.
I assume they were singing something like "Welcome Guru", but of course I have no idea.
Long time after the last 'normal' passengers were out, I could see a lot of activity at the gate (the 'finger'). This took another half hour. And when they finally managed to line up around 100 people wearing a box and cushion on the head, all these 100 people came into the terminal. And the crowd inside the terminal started singing louder.

So it ended up as a VERY long journey (it should have been a 1 hour flight, plus the normal extra time), but it ended up almost as a 15 hours flight...

Anyway, you will find photos from arriving at the terrorist threatened and hence super slow Bangkok Airport, from the departure (or arrival of the Guru in Penang) and a few photos also from my last day at Penang...








Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar