fredag den 17. februar 2012

Remora's and other fish yesterday










Well, I told you about the attacking Titan Triggerfish already.
If that wasn't enough, then I also got 'sucked' yesterday, by a fish called a Remora. Also these I had to fight a bit. You will usually see these fish sucking on to sharks or other large fish, see photos grabbed from internet. But yesterday, me and my fellow diver had 5 of these with us for 15 minutes of the dive (maybe there were no sharks this day at Shark Island?). They usually prefer the smooth surface of the air tank, but they may also try to suck on to your exposed legs. And these guys can suck quite a lot! So today I have a mark on one of my legs which looks like the ones you gave your girl- or boyfriend on the neck when you were 13 years old.
However, not to scare too many future or current divers away, yesterday we also saw a few other totally great things, like Orange Spine unicornfish, A scribbled filefish, a large group of Yellowfin barracudas, a Jenkins Stingray (see photos - again from internet, since I not bring camera when leading other divers (even though I do have some photos of all these in my older files ;o))

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar